Friday, May 26, 2017

QKR Stampede Challenge #245





Here we are the LAST Friday in May, Memorial Day Weekend, and time for a new challenge at QKR Stampede!  Our optional twist this week is "Birthday Cards".  I chose Old Goat and inside verse is Ain't No Kid...I plan to make 2 more of these and will give them to my brothers and brother in law for their birthdays!  I colored him with copics, cut out with Lawn Fawn large stitched square die, fussy cut his hat from burlap looking paper, glossy accents on their eyes and shirt button, and button brads from my stash for the buttons on his suspenders.  I opened the image in Microsoft Word and lightened it so I could print the verse over it.  The layout is for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps May Sketch.  The clouds are dies by Impression Obsession, grass die by Lawn Fawn, fence and sun ray SVG file by Birds Cards in her freebie section.  I stamped the fence with Stampabilities woodgrain background stamp in walnut stain distress ink.   All papers from my stash!

Stop by QKR Stampede's challenge blog to see what my DT sisters have made for your inspiration and join our fabulous challenge!  The prize for winning is 2 digital images of your choice, but if you use a QKR image you will win 3 digital images of your choice!  Hope to see you there!

Challenges:

Crafting From The Heart Challenge #160 - ATG
Hiding In My Craft Room Challenge #301 - Masculine
Jo's Scrape Shack FFC #190 - ATG
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday Challenge
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #330 - ATG
Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge Week 20-21 - ATG
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Little Critters
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Furry Friends
Through The Craft Room Door Week of May 23 Challenge - ATG

12 comments:

  1. Brenda, that card is wonderful. Love your scene! I just love this image/sentiment, which is perfect for a masculine card. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous fun card Brenda..Love your scene and the farmers paper pieced hat..the sentiment is so funny and so clever..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is hilarious! Love the cute little scene that you created! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Jo's Scrap Shack in our Funday Friday challenges! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A FABulous Fun card Brenda. I LOve the little scene you've created and such lovely colours too! Such a great idea for the inside of the card.Easier to when you can make a few cards the same. Especially when they are for the men folk in our lives.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and fun card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, love your humorous card! I could use this for a few people I know. Good for a chuckle. You made a great scene on the front! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! xx Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. super fun card, cute image and scene! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute and fun card. lovely image. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, this is too fun, I'm sure the men will have a good laugh, like I did. Clever paper piecing work too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining us at Polkadoodles this time.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda, this is so cute. I love you layout. I have this image, but have not used it yet. Soon. :)
    Thanks, for joining us for the QKR Stampede challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete