Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Becky's Birthday Card


Hi Blogland friends!  It's been almost 5 months since I've been on here!  I sure have enjoyed the break and SO much has happened!  My daughter got engaged this summer while we were on vacation in the Bahamas!  Their wedding is June 13, 2019!  My husband decided to take early retirement...his last day of work is December 3, 2018!  And even more exciting, my son and daughter in law are expecting our first grandchild in April!  We found out this weekend it's a BOY!!  I'm still on cloud nine:)

On to my card!  My daughter's birthday is on Halloween and she loves wine, so I chose JJ Wine from Bugaboo Stamps (my inspiration came from Dawn's card found here).  I colored her with copics, black wink of stella on the polk a dots, and glossy accents for her glasses, wine glass, and bottle.  The layout is for Stella Says Sketch #617 (I turned it sideways).  I printed and cut out her favorite wine...Barefoot Pinot Grigio for the wine label and the sentiment is computer generated.  I cut the bubbles out on my cameo, orange marmalade distress ink, gems from Hobby Lobby, DP by Martha Stewart Halloween pad and CS from The Paper Studio.

Challenges:

613 Avenue Create Challenge #214
A Gem of A Challenge #228 - ATG
Always Happy Birthday October 2018 - ATG
Crafty Catz Challenge #433 - ATG
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #255 - ATG
Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge Week #41 - ATG
Stella Says Sketch #617
The Paper Shelter Challenge #358 - Digital Image
Through The Craft Room Door Challenge Week of Oct 16 - ATG
Word Art Wednesday Weeks 356-357 - ATG

15 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card, love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful family news all round! Congratulations!! You've created such a fun card for your daughter! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life has been very busy for lately, in a good way!!!
    Fabulous card, brilliant image, great design and I love the sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have had a fab break Brenda, thanks for popping back and with this fabulous design. Hope all's well your neck of the woods..hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats on all your exciting news! And this card is very fun! Genius idea to personalize the wine bottle with your daughter's favorite brand! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us for our Sketch challenge. I like your take on it. Great image/sentiment too. Good luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, and I'm sure she will too! Perfect for a wine lover! You've had an exciting summer! Congratulations on everything! Grandsons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There you are! Nice to see you back. Exciting things happening in your life, congrats. Love your idea of using the image of the label of your daughter’s favorite wine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card this is and perfect for your Daughter. Nice to see you back. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brenda, this card will be perfect for your daughter. You are always out commenting on cards so glad you had time to play. So happy that life has been good to you. Now for my second hat...thanks for joining in the Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card and I just love that sentiment! Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting and hope you will join us again. Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun image Brenda. LOving your colours. Perfect bubbles I know you've cut them on your Cameo, shame I didn't think of this before I bought a die lol.
    Sounds like lots to look forward to. Enjoy!!
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card and sentiment!

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. great fun card. Thank you for sharing your project with us in Anything Goes Crafting Challenge #228 at Pink Gems blog. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute and fun card! Love the humor. The dotted orange bow is really cute.

    ReplyDelete